Stewart Property respects your right to privacy. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Amendment (private sector) Act 2000. Those Principles regulate how we collect, store, use and disclose personal information about you and other individuals.
Collection, Use and Disclosure
In our agency business, we collect, hold, use, and disclose to third parties, personal information for a number of reasons:
- Assisting you to sell your property;
- Assisting you to purchase a property;
- Assisting you to lease a property (either as lessor or lessee);
- Assisting you to obtain a loan;
- Assisting you with payment or refund of a bond;
- Assisting you with tenancy disputes;
- Coordinating repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
- Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Marketing of products and services to you
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas recipients. Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information.
We need your permission to collect, use and disclose your personal information, and we therefore ask that you sign the consent on the form provided to indicate your consent.
In the event that you do not consent to Stewart & Associates Property collecting and releasing your personal information as described above, we may be unable to provide the services requested by you.
We collect personal information about individuals:
- From the individuals themselves through application forms, registration books at open inspections, appointment forms, agreements, correspondence including emails, our web site, newsletters and through verbal communications
- From third parties (including from other agents, from operators of tenancy reference databases and other publicly available databases and from referees) in the course of verifying and evaluating tenancy applications and managing tenancy arrangements, and in carrying out agency services for a client, including through property searches.
The types of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you includes but is not limited to:
- Your full name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your residential address;
- Your postal address;
- Your email address;
- Your home telephone number;
- Your work telephone number;
- Your mobile telephone number;
- Your occupation and business address;
- Financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution;
- Details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates;
- Details of properties owned by you
Security of Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is not subject to loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. We will also take reasonable steps; to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required.
Access to Personal Information
If you would like to access or correct any personal information, which we hold about you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please note that a charge may apply to cover all reasonable costs that we may incur in providing you with access to your personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to correct any information, which you show to be inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
If you have any requests, queries or comments which you would like to make, please do not hesitate to contact:
Sandra Stingel / Office Manager
Stewart Property Pty Ltd
Shop 3, ‘Pandanus Building’, 15-21 Smith Street
Mooloolaba QLD 4557
Phone: 07 5457 8100